Download Festival 2022 is nearly upon us but the announcements are still coming with updates to the site itself as well as five names being added to the line-up with some reshuffling. Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes will be filling the Friday second-stage headliner spot after their headline set at last year’s Download Pilot. Also joining the festivities are Napalm Death, Kris Barras Band, Pengshui and Aniilmalia.
Away from the stages, Download Festival have also been working on a whole host of changes to the festival site itself to make it more efficient for everyone. Here are the biggest changes that will improve your quality of life whilst attending the reunion of the Download community:
- Download is now partnered with Trees for Cities and is offering a new Circular Camping option, offering clean, upcycled tents and camping equipment
- All campsites have new added locations with reduced walking distances and the addition of an East Car Park thanks to the new Castle Donington Bypass
- The Village will now be on hardstanding ground, less mud is always a plus, and is now just 350m from the Access Campsite
- The Village will also welcome people back with a revamp of its programming, hosting live podcasts from the likes of ‘On Wednesdays We Wear Black’ and bringing even more late night parties with more DJ sets
- All water bottles sold at stands will be made from 100% recycled PET with all refill points in The Arena being redesigned with the promise of filling a bottle four times as fast as before
For more updates and those all important tickets, head to Download Festival’s site by clicking right here. For those who can’t manage a full weekend, day tickets for Download 2022 recently went onsale.